Create instant reports and quick lists with Excel’s Filter feature
Do you need a fast and easy way to create a quick list based on your Excel data? Do you do a lot of reports on your data in Excel? Rather than copy & paste your data use Filter.
- Choose Sort & Filter from the Home Ribbon, then Filter.
- An arrow appears beside each of the field labels in the first row (header row).
- Click on this arrow to get a drop-down box, which shows all the unique items in that field (column).
- Select an item.
- Immediately all the rows are hidden except the ones that contain that item you selected.
You can also filter by selecting more than one item from the first row drop-down boxes.
To undo the filter:
- Choose Sort & Filter from the Home Ribbon.
- Choose Filter.